Disability Support Worker
FlexiHome Care is seeking motivated, caring, and committed individuals as Disability Support Workers to join our team for the delivery of support services to provide assistance to people living in their own homes.
This support enables people to maintain a level of independence by providing a service that will assist them to complete everyday tasks.
A range of flexible duties are available.
- Certificate III, IV or diploma in community and disability services from TAFE or a registered training organisation or relevant experience to disability services.
- Valid and current drivers licence.
- Valid and current NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Valid and current Working With Children Check.
- Valid and current National Police Clearance Check.
- First Aid training certificate
- Legal rights to work in Australia (Citizen, PR or Visa).
- Experienced in supporting people with mental health, complex behaviours and other disabilities
- Experience using hoists, wheelchairs and shower chairs.
Duties may include:
- Assistance with Personal care tasks
- Domestic assistance
- Yard Maintenance
- Meal preparation
- Community participation – e.g. medical appointments, Shopping and/or social outings
- In-home Respite
- Use of Mobility equipment – e.g. Hoist lifter, wheelchair, shower chair
There are a variety of hours to choose from to best suit your availability, you can nominate these during the on-line application process.
- current references
- mobile phone
- current drivers licence and reliable vehicle (advantage)
As part of the application process, all successful applicants must receive a National Criminal History Clearance and need to obtain a Working with Children Clearance to commence working as a Support Worker.
Job Types:Full-time, Part-time, Casual
- Day/Afternoon/Night shift
- Flexible hours
- Sleep over (Active/Inactive)
- Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Check
- Australian National Police Check
- First Aid
- Australian driver’s licence (Preferred)